Choosing a Wedding Venue in Richmond, Virginia
Choosing your wedding venue is very important—it is the “meat” in your wedding sandwich some would say. To prevent you from regretting your choice in venues, here are a few tips that can help you figure out how you go about the process of choosing your wedding reception location:
- Location: Select a location that can easily be accessed by the majority of your guests.
- Guest Count: Most wedding facilities require an update of the number of guests that they will be handling 60 to 90 days prior to the wedding day. A rough estimate of your total guests will also give you an opportunity to effectively plan your budget and select the right reception or ceremony spot.
- Weather Factor: If you’re planning to have an outdoor party during months when weather is not reliable, strive to have a contingency plan: Have access to an inside tent or space.
- Parking: Parking is never an issue when your wedding venue is in an outside urban area. However, when planning a party in a parking-challenged location, ensure that it is well handled and easily accessible for all the guests and wedding members.
- Food and Alcohol Quality: Generally, food and alcohol account for the biggest portion of any event’s budget. Accordingly, you should be concerned with the type, quality, and quantity of what your guests are going to eat and drink.
- Special Requirements: Some venues have special rules and regulations, which you need to be aware of before you decide to go for them. If most of your guest smoke or drink alcohol, for instance, ensure that you pick a location that have no restrictions for the same.
The information that you will find about choosing a wedding venue may sometimes be different from what is available on their respective websites. Consequently, ensure that you physically visit the site to confirm all the details. Remember, some places don’t offer much information at all online, but if approached they can present you with a marketing pack that will have all the information that you are seeking. weddings are a time of celebration, so be sure to make all the arrangements ahead of time and the rest will fall into place.